Saturday, June 21, 2008

stereotype

It was not too long ago when the mere idea of being a call center agent crossed my mind and was battled with the stereotype perception of the public about them. Actually, I wanted to be one just to collect plenty of clothes for partying and going out, also, I always thought that I look good or to make it less boastful I look decent with business attires. So I with Tin and Anj armed with lots of resumes went to Alabang to try our luck on being employed. I always thought that being one is just easy, you get hired, get orientated for some time and take in calls after, that your sole purpose is to answer calls and help the customers, you do this every night, be a vampire, miss the fun and get your generous salary after. But I was wrong! Completely wrong. Like all other jobs out there, you first need to undergo strict training before they send you to the floors, and that’s approximately 4-6 weeks of basic, specific and advance training, but the good things is you get paid even when you’re not taking in calls yet. So basically, you get paid while listening to the company’s policies on the first few weeks, but get trained with the graveyard shift while still training on the next weeks. The stereotyped CSR job is far from reality. Yes, unfortunately speaking, you just need your good communication skills and rapport without any educational background needed to be hired. Like what I see, people there are heterogeneous, from fresh graduates like us, to professionals, teachers, old experienced men and women, college undergraduates and so many more from different fields. So what are you waiting for??...Apply now..haha.. I’ll be more glad to refer you…lol.

No comments: