Monday, June 02, 2008

BUM

It was four years ago when I first stepped into college life, excited and anxious just like any other fresh high school grad I walked through the roads of La Salle, feeling its fresh air courtesy of the numerous big trees that sends a feeling of being a character in those koreanovelas where Autumn leaves fall and are scattered all over, unfortunate if you were hit by a falling branch causing minor injuries on your beloved hairdo, feeling deprived of the luxuries of being an upper year nursing student where they stay on air-conditioned classrooms and are exposed on the ambiance of the hospital setting all year round. Anyway, freshman year ended with very little discomfort and brain injury….toot toot toot toot……..3 years after here am I now, with a degree BSN, waiting for something that will dictate my future and a BUM!... But being active and can’t tolerate inactivity for such a long time, I decided to deviate from my line of career and try the call center world. Hahaha…. So am I ready??... I am not.. I lived my school life without having to commute to school and without suffering the hardships of getting into a jeepney or a bus, I learned to cross the highway when I went into college, I learned to commute very well on my first year but still unsure of my commuting skills up until now.. I often ask my mom for instructions about stuff, she got my birth certificate although I was the one who got my cedula and…and what else?..hahaha.. My resume does not have any job experience that I can be proud of, does not have any major company to be my credential… It is just a one-page description of my demographics and my educational background edited to fit a call center job instead of a nurse. Many people try so hard to get a job, I heard and I saw.. but I don’t know the reality. As they say, to see is to believe or should I say, to experience is to believe.

No comments: